Note: this post is an example of an online story with the use of embedding images, maps and video clips. This is not a real story.
A TEEN who allegedly rammed three police vehicles while leading officers on a two-hour chase through south east Queensland has been denied bail.
The 16-year-old Stockleigh boy, who is facing 15 charges, applied for bail in Southport Magistrates Court today after handing himself in to Coomera Police Station yesterday.
Duty lawyer Bridget Patchell told the court the teen had gone off the rails this year after his family situation at home deteriorated.
He had been living with his father after the relationship breakdown but recently moved to live with his mother.
Ms Patchell said all his possessions were left at his father’s house and he was driving to get them on Sunday when the incidents happened.
“It was a situation that just blew out of proportion,” said Ms Patchell.
The teen’s parents were visibly distressed in court when Magistrate Catherine Pirie denied him bail until a bail plan, including counselling and employment, was drawn up by Youth Justice Services.
He was remanded in custody and will reappear in Southport Magistrates Court on Friday.
Police say the boy reached speeds of up to 140km/h during the two-hour chase that started at Warwick at 10.30am on Sunday when officers sighted a vehicle wanted for an earlier evade police incident.
Click here for the video
The teen allegedly rammed a police car at about 11.30am while avoiding tyre spikes set up on the Cunningham Highway at Willowbank.
Police say the youth drove along Beaudesert-Boonah Rd to Bromelton. He allegedly drove at an officer and rammed two police cars at 12.10pm when he avoided road spikes on Waste Facility Road at Bromelton.
Police say he then abandoned the vehicle on Kurragong Drive at Jimboomba.