A comparison of two online articles by Fairfax (Ariana Grande’s surreal life in the spotlight) and News Corp (Ariana Grande cancels Australian media photo shoots after issuing long list of demands)
– Angle of the article is about her ‘healthy ego’.
– Formatted in short paragraphs
– Video clip of an interview with Grande.
– Includes an image
– Includes one link to a relevant story
IN COMPARISON: News Corp’s take on the American diva
– Angle is about Grande’s ‘diva demands’.
– Dot points
– Links throughout
– Multiple images
The Fairfax article was engaging because it used a video of an interview with Grande. This is easy for a consumer who wants to gain a quick understanding of the content. However, News Corp’s reporting was more engaging for the reader as it was predominantly presented in dot points and included lots of images and links to break up the content.