“How do I get more traffic to my blog?”
This is a common question bloggers ask.
Over the time I’ve been blogging, I’ve learnt a key part of attracting people to my blog is to INTERACT with other bloggers.
There is an entire community out there and YOU need to ENGAGE with it.
I don’t think it is fair for us, as bloggers, to write our posts and expect the general public to read it if we, ourselves, are not reading other bloggers’ content and building up the very community we are a part of!
So here’s three simple tips.
- Content that you are interested in.
- Topics that are similar to those on your blog.
- Unfamiliar content.
- Don’t just comment with your url. e.g. “Great post, check out eliseeyears.wordpress.com.” This doesn’t look sincere! You are appearing as if your motive for commenting is just to promote yourself.
Add to the conversation
- What sticks out to you about the blog post you are reading?
- What content can you ADD to the blog post?
- What did you find interesting?
- What did the author miss out?
- What has your experience been?
Here’s a good chance to put these three tips into practice.
How do you interact with the blogging community around you? What other tips do you have? Let me know in the comment section below.